- This event has passed.
November 30, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Please COVID-19 compliance when attending charter renewals:
1) Wear a mask at all times once you leave your car
2) Be prepared for a check-in process including questions and a temperature check
3) If you have an appointment and don’t feel good, please notify Brian Anders at 508-208-8343. We can work with you to reschedule or make accommodations, but please do not come to the workshop.
Here’s how to get started: (see changes)
1. Log in Copy this link https://my.scouting.org/ in your browser and log in with your myscouting access code. (this is the same code that you log in for online YPT training).
2. Verify YPT. Click “Menu” on your top left then “Your unit”. The screen will change to 2 graphs. Click the icon on the top of the YPT graph for “YPT aging report”. Download and print to validate every registered adults Youth Protection Status in your unit up to date by December 31, 2021.
3. Begin Internet rechartering After October 1st log on to your My Scouting account. Click “Menu” on your top left then “Legacy” Internet Rechartering.
4. Select First time user (if you were the processor last year you are still a first-time user beginning this year) and enter the unit access code below.
5 *Complete the information requested on each screen. Load your Scoutbook file or download from BSA National here. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
6 Click Submit: When you have completed all the information to recharter the unit (online steps 1 through 5).
7 Print & Sign the Unit Charter Renewal Application including all lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on this agreement and application (Online approval by either CR or IH will suffice instead of wet signatures)
8 Link for Mass CORI/SORI form http://heartofnewenglandbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019_CORI_SORI.pdf
9 Pay and turn in: calculate the fees and give the entire packet along with any new applications and a check to your unit commissioner or at one of the recharter meetings listed. If you are going to be late please arrange with your District Director immediately!