- This event has passed.
Catamount Lodge Fall OA Weekend 1
September 6, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - September 8, 2019 @ 1:00 pm$25.00 – $45.00
With fall upon us, it is time to turn our attention as Arrowmen to providing service to our council’s camping programs. Our lodge will be hosting two events this September for both current members and new Ordeal inductees. This is a time for us to expand our Brotherhood and cheerfully serve while having some fun at camp.
Both events will have opportunities for newly elected members to complete their Ordeal, eligible members to complete their Brotherhood, service time to the camps, and fellowship opportunities for our brothers to have some fun and get to know each other better.
New for 2019 – The waiting period between induction and eligibility for Brotherhood membership was reduced to six (6) months by the National OA Committee in June of 2019. All other requirements are unchanged.
We invite family members to join us for a free breakfast on Sunday morning from 8-9:30. A new member and parent orientation, as well as public recognition will take place immediately following breakfast.
- Lodge merchandise will be sold during the weekend.
- Be prepared with clothes suitable for the weather, boots, hats, gloves, and a warm sleeping bag.
- A number of campsites have been reserved for our use; limited beds in cabins will be available for experienced Arrowmen. Younger Arrowmen should bring a tent and ground pad to stay in.
- Please bring work gloves, rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and other tools that can help prepare our camps for the summer season. Be sure to label your tools with your name.
- Field uniforms will be worn for the ceremonies and dinner Saturday evening, as well as the recognitions meeting on Sunday. Work clothes are appropriate during the day on Saturday.
- ***PLEASE BRING A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR MEDICAL FORM WITH YOU****
- Lodge Officer elections will be taking place at the September 20-22 event. Arrowmen under the age of 21 interested in running for elected office should email adviser@OACatamount.org to declare their intent.